ZesleCP v3 RC version for Ubuntu 20.04 is available now. Explore all the features and pricing here.
Custom Nameservers Setup
For this guide, we are using the
exampledomain.comas a primary domain and
220.127.116.11as a server IP address.
To add custom nameservers (in ZesleCP):
- Log into your ZesleCP with
- Navigate to
- This page has the following input fields (see screenshot below):
- Server Admin Email - Enter any email address here.
- Server's Hostname - Choose any hostname for your server. The recommended hostname is
- The server's default nameservers. -
ns2.exampledomain.comin left-side nameservers fields and enter your server's IP address in the right-side IP address fields.
- Click on the "Save Changes" button.
To configure custom nameservers (in your domain registrar account):
- Log into your domain's registrar account to configure
custom hostnames(also called glue records) for the above entered ZesleCP values.
- For example, if your primary domain's registrar is Namecheap.com. Login into your Namecheap account and follow these steps:
- Navigate to "Domains" list and click on "Manage" button next to your primary/desired domain (see step 1 screenshot below).
- On domain detail, choose "Custom DNS" option then copy-paste your nameserver values from ZesleCP to here (see step 2 screenshot below).
- Save the changes by clicking on green tick icon ().
- Navigate to "Advanced DNS" tab. Click on " ADD NAMESERVER" to add your custom hostnames (see step 3 screenshot below).
- Choose "ns1" from the dropdown, enter your Server's IP, and click "Done". Repeat the same for adding "ns2".
- These changes may take up to 24-48 hours to propagate over the internet. You can check & verify your hostnames here .
Namecheap - step 1
Namecheap - step 2
Namecheap - step 3