To succeed in the world of eCommerce, it is not enough to create a virtual store and launch it on the market: it is important that the promotions and positions on the Web.In 2021 the figure who purchase from online is expected to increase to 2.14 billion. The aforementioned shows the penetration that electronic commerce has had, a modality that can bring great benefits both for the buyer – since prices are usually lower than in traditional commerce and it is not necessary to go to a point of sale – as for the businessman, because he should not pay the rent of a physical store.However, to succeed in the world of eCommerce it is not enough to create a virtual store and launch it on the market: itis important that promotions and positions on the Web.But how can I promote my online store? The following tips will teach you how to do it the right way so that you reach your target audience without investing large sums:
1. Lean on content marketingWhen thinking about how to promote your online store, the main thing is to direct traffic to your website. For this, one of the best ways to reach your prospects is content marketing, since -through valuable information- you manage to attract visitors who are really interested in your products.The idea is that you create high-quality content, informative value and that meets the needs of your target audience. For this, you can use different formats (video, blog post, podcast, etc.) depending on your target and its characteristics. Please note that according to statistics compiled by HubSpot, 47% of shoppers viewed 3-5 pieces of content before contacting a sales representative.
The importance of keywordsIn this context, it is important to promote the content through social networks and email (email marketing), without forgetting to use the appropriate keywords so that the search engines can correctly index your content.You should know what terms your potential customers are using to search for the products you offer so that you can incorporate them into your eCommerce reviews. To do this, you can rely on free tools -such as Google Keyword Planner- or paid tools, such as SEMrush.
2. Spread your content on social networksAlong with the above, to know how to promote your online store you must consider social networks.With more than 3 billion active users -and considering that the global population in 2020 reached 8 billion people-, these platforms constitute a market rich in business opportunities. If you define well the tone and style of your publications and offers, use different content formats and offer valuable information, you will surely virtualize your publications and, therefore, increase traffic to your eCommerce.On the other hand, remember that these platforms allow paying advertisements with a fairly limited segmentation, so if you have your buyer person well defined, this path can be quite useful, especially considering that this type of action does not require a large investment. .
Don’t forget the influencers!It is estimated that 49% of consumers base their purchasing decisions on influencers, those users who have thousands (or millions) of followers on their social networks and who generate great activity with their publications. In addition, consider that 40% of users bought a product after seeing it on YouTube, Instagram or Twitter.The idea is to find influential users – who are related in some way to your product – so that they make mention of your brand in their publications in the following way:
- On YouTube, you can generate a small segment about your store at the beginning and / or end of an influencer video.
- In the case of a blog post, the influencer can naturally mention your store in one of their posts.
- On Instagram, mentions can be made in stories or posts.