The information on the Internet is growing and much of it circulates through social networks, and as is well known, the vast majority of updates that are shared on this type of site are links to the content of interest, which leads us to look for the way to do your best and in a well-presented way.
In specific cases such as Twitter, the content to share has a limit of characters which makes each one of them of great importance and that we should know how to take advantage of the available space so that large web addresses are not very helpful in this type sites, for which the famous URL shorteners have been developed.
A shortened URL for those who still do not know them is just a web tool that is responsible for converting a long URL (web address) into a much shorter one so that space can be saved by sharing it. For example we can see that the URL t2m.io/hjatGaH leads to the main page of our blog and which is much shorter than the original address.
Due to the great rise of social networks, URL shortening services have become quite popular and there are many options that we find on the network, so I wanted to share a small selection with 10 of the best URL shorteners on the Internet.
- Bitly: It has been one of the most popular in this work and is used for its variety of options, including statistics and the possibility of creating QR codes.
- T2M: t2mio is a free URL shortener that allows you to short as many URLs as you want. t2mio is the best bitly alternative that doesn’t control it’s users much until it becomes the matter of stop spamming. Also, t2mio is the best goo.gl alternative as this URL shortener promises you that it will never shut down like google URL shortener. In addition, t2mio link shortener allows it, free users, to cut links as many as they want. And with an upgraded plan, what you will get is 100 times better, cheaper and profitable.
- Ow.ly: It is developed by the people of Hootsuite, in addition to one of the easiest to use, just paste the original link and we will get our short URL.
- Su.pr: Prepared by the people of StumbleUpon. Its use is free and we can register with our Twitter account or StumbleUpon itself.
- TinyURL: It is another of the most popular service in this field. Its use is quite simple and even allows you to create short URLs with custom text.
- Is.gd: a Very clean and simple design. It allows you to quickly create a short URL by simply adding the original link, it also allows you to add custom text to the short URL that is created.
- Bit.do: A very interesting shortening. It allows you to create short URLs with personalized text and if we register we can track and obtain statistics for free.
- Tiny: It allows you to shorten and convert links into QR codes. It does not require registration to use it or to view statistics.
- Mcaf.ee: The shortening service of the popular antivirus company Mcafee, which generates a shortened link that also analyzes the site to display it in a secure way.
- TinyArrows: This curious shortening allows you to create custom URLs to which you also add a series of symbols that precede it. In addition to the above, it does not directly open the original link, on the contrary, it shows the hidden content in the shortened link for 8 seconds after which it redirects you if you wish.
We must bear in mind that because these services hide the original link, in many cases they are used to deceive people and make them access sites with viruses or phishing, so it is important to find out what is in a shortened URL before Open it when we don’t trust its origin. Read the advantages and disadvantages of URL shorteners.