How to protect your site from hackers and scammers?
A time has passed when scammers hacked sites for entertainment – web pages are now a powerful asset, and the goal of any hacker attack is to make money. Attempts to hack the site are made in order to gain profit or test your resource for vulnerability.
There are many ways to steal confidential information. Outdated versions of scripts, modules, weak passwords, outdated software on the server. Hacker attacks and data leaks are possible due to the use of unreliable hosting – any mistake can cost you money and reputation. The owner may not suspect fraud – until they demand a ransom from him or complaints about spam mails are poured.
Increasing demand for expensive antivirus programs and proprietary applications creates a new trend among developers – the creation of multi-level programs to protect the site. Of course, nothing perfect happens, but we have already managed to combine all the advantages of various programs in one – this is CPGuard.
Powerful antivirus and more
CPGuard – server add-on to protect sites from hacking and information leakage. The program is running Cpanel.
A variety of functionalities provides multilevel site protection. While competitors focus on solving a specific problem, the developers of CPGuard have combined many useful and convenient programs into one capacious application.
Interface features help CPGuard quickly navigate the code, find malicious content, and eliminate it. Moreover:
- Powerful malware scanner with cloud automatic cleaning. The function independently examines the server for the presence of extraneous files, checks them and removes suspicious content. Viruses, trojans, shell scripts and threatening programs will not get to the server.
- Comprehensive intrusion detection and prevention and domain reputation management. The algorithm of the program works on the principle of different types of analysis: roughly speaking, this is a study of the server and analytics of possible dangers with troubleshooting.
- Online antivirus. Dangerous content is deleted immediately after entering the server, suspicious files are sent to quarantine – a special repository for files that are possibly infected. They will not pose a threat to the server. The updated version works smoothly for more than a year and guarantees protection against malfunctions and false positives – the necessary files will definitely not end up in the trash.
- Cleaning user files. Crackers enter an additional block in the code, which leaves links to the redirect and makes it possible to re-infect .. Most programs are not able to detect extraneous code. But CPGuard has its own mechanisms for protection – it analyzes the page for the presence of extraneous and dangerous blocks, replaces or removes them.
- Fix vulnerabilities in WordPress, Joomla, Drupal. Outdated versions of commonly used CMS are at risk. The program closes all vulnerabilities and protects the “admin panel” and confidential blocks from password guessing.
- Web Application Firewall. WAF is a web application and PWA firewall that is used to block hacker attacks. Protects the website from SQL injection, shell startup, prevents file uploads through vulnerabilities. An additional feature that guarantees safety.
- Protection against brute force attacks. CPguard compiles its own blacklist based on in-depth analysis.
- Spam protection. Spam mailings and notifications are a problem not only for the average user, but also for the owner of a large online store or developer. The RBL DNS scanner automatically checks server IP addresses against blacklists in real time and sends notifications to administrators about blacklisted IP addresses.
- General Apache and PHP rules. Advanced filtering, security and intrusion protection for websites and PHP applications.
Advantages and features of CPGuard
- Innovative technologies allow programs to eliminate additional problems at all levels: from code verification to blocking malicious requests to the server.
- User-friendly interface and clear reporting system.
- Ability to work manually. Add unnecessary objects to the blacklist yourself if you are sure of their threat.
- Xmlprc.php attack protection
- Integration of additional protection screens that can be used as a kind of support for the main functionality of the program: WAF, domain reputation.
- Regularly updated anti-virus databases.
- CPanel interface allowing end users to scan their directories.
- Daily reports.